In this article I will give you five tips to help you learn Spanish quickly and effectively. But first let us first discuss why learning a language is quite an unique situation.
How Fast Can You Learn to Speak Spanish?
Something which all learner want to know is how quickly they can become fluent in speaking Spanish. The answer for this question is different for each individual. Every person learns new skills at different speed and respond differently to the manner of study. For some practicable example is more effective than textbook reading, this is often the case when it comes to learning language.
In fact language learning is a special case whereby it is necessary to have both structured study exposure towards grammar and vocabulary, as well as practicable experience.
It is possible to learn to speak Spanish by simply listening to conversations and participating yourself, gradually adapting to the environment. The problem with this is that you will not have a good foundation to build on, things like proper grammar and rules of Spanish are not easily learned by speaking and listening along.
The Proper Way to Learn Spanish
To get over this problem some theory regarding Spanish must be learnt, this can only happen if you put effort into learning to read and write. Reading can be picked up naturally when you are immersed in a Spanish environment, but writing skills require practice in your own time.
One of the sticking points which Spanish beginners often encounter is the Spanish verb system.
A really good way to learn to speak Spanish is via an online language program, what is great about this approach is that you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of home. It will give you a good foundation to build on, and will focus mainly on your speaking skills.
Some of these programs are very well designed, giving you the chance to learn to speak in a natural and fluent tone and giving you a great way to learn vocabulary, verb conjugation, and develop listening skills.
So here is my five tips for learning Spanish effectively.
5 Top Tips:
1. Find a good course to begin learning the language (Rocket Spanish is a great choice, you can find a review an informative review of it at the end of this article), this will help you to get a basic but solid foundation to build on.
2. Find opportunities to read Spanish prose, this can be novels, newspapers, browsing Spanish website, etc. Whenever you have spare time try to grab hold of some material written in Spanish, try your best to read them. It is a good idea to keep a Spanish to English dictionary handy so that when you encounter new words you can start learning them immediately. Do not worry if you cannot remember new words straight away, with more encounters you will find it very natural and easy to recall them.
3. Find opportunities to write in Spanish. A good way to do this is to find a Spanish pen friend, or join a Spanish forum on the net. This way you will be forced to write in Spanish giving you the opportunity to think about sentence structure and find the appropriate words to use.
4. Go on a Spanish exchange program where you will be allowed to stay with a Spanish speaking family. Doing this will mean that you are fully immersed in the perfect surroundings for learning Spanish quickly.
5. Last but certainly not least (in fact this is the most important), go and live in a Spanish speaking country for a few months at least. There is nothing more effective than being immersed in the right environment, however being independent in a foreign country is one of the most challenging endeavors you can embark on. Only choose to do this once you feel confident enough that you can cope with not only the language challenge but also your ability to adapt to a totally new environment.